Use this Sunday school activity with the Garden of Eden Sunday school lesson or any bible lesson about Adam and Eve.
This activity can be used as an individual activity or as a group whichever you prefer.
Garden of Eden Sunday School Activity
What you'll need for individual students:
- one piece of construction paper per student (poster board can also be used for larger projects)
- green shaped leaves cut from construction paper (you can have these pre-cut or allow the kids to cut their own. If you'd like - take a nature walk to talk about all the things God has made and let the kids pick up a few leaves to trace onto their green paper before cutting.)
- brown markers or crayons for drawing the tree trunk (brown construction paper can also be used to make the tree trunk.
- pencils for tracing
- scissors for cutting
If you are talking about temptation, you can print out the Garden of Eden coloring page for the kids to add to their tree when finished with the leaves. This will serve as a reminder that Satan is always looking for ways to tempt us and we need to rely on God to help us resist that temptation.
|Photo: Tiny Tall|
What you'll need for a large class project:
- a wall, large poster board, large cardboard, sheet or anything else you can think of
- green paint, or construction paper for leaves
- brown paint, or construction paper for tree trunk
- markers, pens, or pencils for tracing, if needed
- scissors, if not using paint
- a way to hang up your finished project, if needed
Make the tree as big as you like. You can hang it outside on a clothes line or paint it straight onto a wall for other members of the church to see.
May God bless you in your journey to teach children about the love of God.